It's been a while, but I occasionally come to dA and reminisce about all the good times I had. I'm a pretty nostalgic person -that's why I couldn't delete this account- so I often revisit my old haunts. These days I'm most active on tumblr
but it's not the same as here, I feel! I guess I'll start coming back here more and try to be more active and build up my own mini-community again.
I made my dA profile in 2009 (WHOA, six years ago!), but wayback machine only went as far back as 2011 to view my little profile and I choked up a little when I saw it. So much change in these years, and I felt for so long that nothing has changed in my life. And the website too! Let's see...
- I signed up in 2009, so the site was still on version 6. We're on v8 now!
- there's a status update feature now
- I could've sworn the devious info widget was removed and the text simply appeared along with the deviant id, but now there appears to be an 'interests' portion beneath the id.
- the footer was removed, the dA logo's changed
-the introduction of groups, llama badges, muro, sta.sh... also, journals and other write-ups integrated or something, can't remember properly.
- the removal of the deviant gear shop.... I so badly wanted the artist bag, but never could afford it. (Still can't)
- my icon was a blue-tinted Joker from The Dark Knight, now it's a purple block.
- Overall, the site feels like it's gotten more cluttered. Hmm.
- seriously, I think we should bring the footer back. it was like a little hub for cool stuff.
I guess I missed stuff, but I noted things that stood out to me. Now for changes in my life:
-I passed my intermediate (that's what we call 11th and 12th grade here), got a bachelors degree in Zoology, started on my masters.
- instead of losing weight, I gained weight. Ugh.
- I managed to drag my depressed, self-harming self on to a better path of life. I'm still learning to use my emotions again.
- I haven't drawn in a while, but I've been writing crappy poetry.
- I used to photograph in black and white, now I'm more into colours.
- I'm less of a musical snob now. I listen to a greater variety of music. Still love Garbage and Blue foundation though.
- I watch less tv, but spend more time on the internet.
- I read more about current issues and so on, but in the past I would proudly declare that I hated politics.
- I made some really, really good friends. At the beginning of intermediate, I was very lonely and socially awkward. Now, I've learned to hug people, talk more, laugh more and enjoy myself.
- I wish I had broken more rules as a teenager. I should've hung out more with my friends and explored the world more. Not too late for that.
- Now that I am a little older, I can certainly understand my parents better. I can look back at the past and see things I never noticed before, little revelations.
- I'm a calmer person now.
- Clothes and fashion have started to interest me for the first time in my life.
- The classic Tomb Raider series are still my favourite games
That's it so far. I might not be a great achiever, but not bad, eh? I have kinda sorta been busy all these years.
Until next time, folks! (if anyone is out there reading this, that is.)